This access statement does not contain personal opinions as to our suitability for those with access needs, but aims to accurately describe the facilities and services that we offer all our guests/visitors.
Property Address;- The Old Milking Parlour, No-Go-By Hill, Nancherrorw, St Just, Cornwall TR19 7PW
Welcome to The Old Milking Parlour – Self Catering Holiday Cottage Cornwall.
This lovely converted milking parlour is very well located in Nancherrow, in the heart of the conservation valley of Kenidjack and part of the UNESCO World Heritage Site. It’s only a ¼ mile from the centre of St. Just, or a lovely 10 minute walk across fields to the church adjacent to the square in the centre.
The Old Milking Parlour Sleeps up to 5 people and has 3 bedrooms, One Single and One Double Bedroom are on the ground floor together with the Kitchen, Lounge and Main Bathroom – consisting of a bath, washbasin, WC and a step up into shower cubicle – internally all doorways are step free. Another double bedroom with an en-suite – consiting of step up shower cubicle, WC and washbasin – is situated upstairs on the first floor.
We look forward to welcoming you. If you have any queries or require any assistance please phone 01789 740639 or 01789 450559 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- For directions to the property please go to our website www.theoldmilkingparlourcornwall.co.uk/map – click on the flag – this will give your our postcode together with the option ‘to get directions’. When you click on directions this will take you to Google maps which allows you to type in your postcode and choice of transportation which in turn will give you full directions to our property.
- The nearest main railway station is in Penzance which is approx. 7 miles away. Taxis are available at the station.There is also a bus service – the No 509 – which goes from Penzance Bus Station to St Just via Tregeseal – approx. 25mins journey -and runs every two hours from 1040 hrs to 1640hrs the last bus is an hour later at 1740hrs. There is a bus stop – just outside Tregeseal Pottery – which is approx 20 metres from The Old Milking Parlour. Bus times can vary please check with the bus operators website www.westerngreyhound.com/route
- The main road outside the property is a tarmac surface and leads up No Go By Hill which has an incline to the graveled driveway to The Old Milking Parlour
Key Collection, Welcome and Car Parking
- You will be contacted approx 2 days prior to your arrival to advise you of our key safe code. The key to the property is kept in a key safe adjacent to the front door. However alternative arrangements can be made where necessary.
- Parking is available on the graveled driveway for one medium size car approx 5yds to 3 steps down – with picket gate – then 2yds to the front door
- The steps – accompanied with a hand rail on the left-hand side – and the patio area are lit by motion controlled solar lights.
Entrance to Property
- The front door when in the open position will give a clear walk through apperture of 66cm
- The is a single step up – 25.5cm high – through the front door with external rubber mat and internal rubber backed mat to either side
- The front door leads directly into the kitchen which has a timber floor and rug.
- Just inside the Kitchen on the right-hand wall are the light switches for both internal and external lights
Halls, Stairs, Landings, Passageways
- The kitchen leads directly into the lounge through double doors – with timber flooring with rug in lounge
- The lounge leads to the ground floor Bathroom, Single Bedroom & Double Bedroom. The Stairs lead off the lounge to the upstairs Double Bedroom and en-suite.
- All areas are well lit using a combination of wall, table and ceiling lights
- The stairs have a total of 12 steps – consisting of 6 steps to a small landing (84cm deep x 75cm wide) with a left right angled turn to a further 6 steps to first floor bedroom – each step is 18cm high x 24cm deep.
- The sitting room/lounge is situated on the ground floor with level entry from the kitchen
- The double door when fully open give a walk through aperture of 102cm
- The room has a mixture of seating with sofas and soft chairs with cushions and scatter cushions together with a low coffee table.
- Timber floor with rug
- There is a widescreen digital television with remote control, subtitles, and a DVD player
- Lighting is natural daylight and by night levels are controlled by dimmer switches, with overhead lighting used as well as table lamps around the room.
- Double Doors – 99cm wide – lead out to the patio area with step over threshold 20cm high
- The dining area is in the kitchen and consists of a rectangular table with legs on each corner – size of table 90cm wide x 152cm long.
- Lighting is natural daylight with wall lighting and table lamps around the room
- Timber floor with rug
- The door of the oven drops down and the handle is 72cm above the floor. The hob is 93cm above the floor.
- Worktop and sink are 92 cm above the floor.
- Fridge freezer available, highest shelf in fridge 138 cm and lowest drawer in freezer 35 cm from the floor.
- Table provided – 63 cm from floor to lowest point of table (under space), 78 cm high and 4 upright chairs with no arms or cushions are 45 cm high from floor.
- Glasses and crockery can be moved from wall cupboards to lower cupboards, if required, please request this when booking.
- Cordless kettle rotating 360 degrees.
- Washing Machine
- The kitchen is evenly lit with halogen spotlights above work surfaces.
- Timber floor with rug
Bedrooms and Sleeping Areas
- There is 1 double bedroom and 1 single bedroom on the ground floor, with step free level access from the lounge. On the first floor there is 1 double bedroom with a memory foam mattress, which is reached by stairs only.
- The door to the ground floor bedrooms are 71cm wide.
- The height of beds from the top of the mattress to the floor is 63cm Single & Downstairs Double and 55cm Upstairs Double
- Lighting is natural daylight and at night overhead lighting can be controlled by a dimmer switch. Bedside lamps are also in each room.
- All bedrooms offer good colour contrast between the floor, walls and doors, short pile carpet, where fitted.
Bathrooms, Shower-rooms and Toilets
- Only the first floor bedroom has an en-suite, which has the following:
- Step free, level access from bedroom.
- En-esuite Door opening 73cm wide & is outward opening
- There is a separate shower with a 17cm step into it and outward opening hinged door 44cm wide
- Toilet 42cm high.
- Wash basin 80cm high.
- Well lit with overhead lights and a fluorescent light over mirror.
- Non-slip laminate flooring with rug.
- The door opening to the shared bathroom on ground floor is 81cm wide & is inward opening.
- It has the same lighting and flooring as above.
- There is a separate shower with a 28cm, sliding door 48cm wide into it and there is also a bath which is 55cm high from the floor.
- We have a paved patio area which can be accessed from either the lounge through a double door 99cm wide threshold 20cm high or kitchen entrance door by one step.
- Wooden table & chairs and picnic plates & cups.
- The garden area is 6.6m long and 4m wide with a various planted tubs and pots.
- Steps lead from the patio to the graveled driveway through a picket sprung gate
- Trained assistance dogs are welcome.
- All areas in the cottage have good colour contrast between the floor, doors and walls. Generally, doors and door frames are natural wood and walls are light in colour.
- The mobile phone reception can be poor.
- The nearest General Hospital with an A&E unit is West Cornwall Hospital (Penzance)(providing services for Royal Cornwall Hospitals NHS Trust) St Clare Street, Penzance TR18 2PF – 01736 874000 – 6.07 miles away and the nearest Doctor’s surgery is Dr CLEGG & partners Cape Cornwall Surgery St.Just-In-Penwith Penzance Cornwall TR197HH – 01736 788306 -0.26 miles away. Further information is in the welcome folder.
- The nearest vet is S.L Sawyer, Cape Veterinary Centre, 5 Bank Square, St. Just, TR19 7HH – 01736 78616
- There is also a list of nearby attractions
- We are planning a review of our website next year to make it more accessible, your comments are welcome to assist us with this project.
|Address (Inc postcode):||Jasmine Cottage, Queens Street, Halford, Shipston on Stour Warwickshire|
|Telephone:||01789 740639 or 01789 450559|
|Local Accessible Taxi:||West Cornwall Cars St Just :?01736 78 74 73 Trelawny Cars Pendeen :01736 785927|
|Local Public Transport:||No 509 Bus from Penzance to St Just Bus Station via Tregeseal West Penwith Community Bus Assoc based in St. Just – Dial-a-Ride 0845 201 1359 they have vehicles available that are wheelchair accessible and have a low access step. Please tell them about any special requirements when you book. Assistant dogs travel free of charge.|